MEF have partnered with municipalities of Stari Jankovci and Tovarnik from Craotia and a Development Agency Zepce from Bosnia and Herzegovina as leader to implement a project „competenceNET“ - „Improvement of transnational business environment through development of business competence centers and networks“. The project was approved in the scope of a first Call for Proposals within cross-border cooperation program INTERREG IPA Croatia-Bosnia and Herzegovina-Montenegro 2014-2020.
The main objective of the project is to improve sustainable economic development in Zenica-Doboj Canton (B&H), Vukovar-Srijem County (CRO) and Podgorica (MNE) by applying innovative models and approaches for increasing the competitiveness of local small and medium enterprises.
The expected outcomes of the project are: establishment of three trans-national centers for business competences development of micro, small and medium enterprises in Zenica-Doboj Canton (B&H), Vukovar-Srijem County (CRO) and Podgorica (MNE); improvement of business competences of unemployed young persons through trainings and practical mentorship programs, upgrading of knowledge and skills of micro, small and medium enterprises about introduction of new technologies and innovative solutions into their business using smart cooperation programs; and designing of a model of cross-border partnership between public, private and research sector for access and exchange of knowledge, skills and experience for favorable business environment.
The duration of the Project is 30 months with the available budget of 670,619.24 EUR, whereby 85 per cent of costs is covered by EU and remaining 15 per cent by project partners.